Argentina superstar, Lionel Messi has floored his Paris Saint-Germain teammate Kylian Mbappe, Max Verstappen, Stephen Curry, and other top stars to win the Champion of Champions award.
The award was presented by the popular French sports newspaper L’Equipe.
It is the very first time Lionel Messi is winning the award following his success with Argentina at the 2022 FIFA in Qatar.
In the rankings, Messi came above Mbappe with a massive 808 points against the Frenchman’s distant 381.
Mbappe was followed by tennis legend, Rafael Nadal who came third with 285 points with Belgian cyclist Remco Evenopoel grabbing the fourth position.
F1 superstar Max Verstappen is in the fifth spot.
Here are the top 10 winners…
- Lionel Messi: 808 points
- Kylian Mbappe: 381 points
- Rafael Nadal: 285 points
- Remco Evenopoel: 252 points
- Max Verstappen: 196 points
- Karim Benzema: 195 points
- Armand Duplantis: 185 points
- Stephen Curry: 139 points
- Antoine Dupont: 105 points
- David Popovici: 98 points